Dedicated San Jose Immigration Lawyer

Helping You with Fiancé Visas

If you plan to marry a foreigner, and wish to bring him or her into the United States to become your spouse, you’ll need to acquire a K-1 visa – also referred to as a fiancé visa. It is highly advisable that you hire a skilled immigration lawyer to help you navigate through the legal complexities inherent to petitioning for a visa.

At Byrd & Associates, we can help circumvent any obstacles in your case that may cause a delay in the process. Attorney Beverly Byrd is globally minded and uniquely focused on each individual case, which allows her to give clients the personalized attention they deserve.

Call Byrd & Associates today at (408) 384-4448 to learn more about how we can help.

K-1 Visa Application Process

The application process to obtain a fiancé visa is a two-step process. First, the proper paperwork from the United States Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) must be completed, filed, and approved. Once it receives approval, your paperwork will be sent to the U.S. embassy in the country where your fiancé resides. He or she will then fill out the necessary paperwork, undergo a medical exam, and be interviewed in the embassy. Your fiancé will receive the visa after the interview.

In order to petition for a fiancé visa, you, the petitioner, must show that:

  • You are a U.S. citizen
  • You plan to marry your fiancé within 90 days of his or her entrance to the United States
  • Any previous marriages have been legally terminated by divorce or annulment
  • You met your fiancé in person within 2 years of petitioning for the visa

Our Firm can Help

When you retain legal representation from Byrd & Associates, you can trust that we will take immediate action to help you reach you goals. Our San Jose immigration attorney has a reputation for going above and beyond to ensure that our clients’ expectations are exceeded. Let our firm guide you through the process and help you achieve your dreams.

Contact our law office today to request your initial case evaluation.